It is with great pleasure and hope that we create this website. The main objective of this website is to provide resource material for the Printing Technology students to facilitate their effective learning during their Diploma course. It is a matter of botheration that there is actually a great shortage of Indian Printing books for Printing subjects. The non-availability of Printing Technology books published by renowned writers or publishers has bewildered many. This also proved to be a stumbling block in the teaching and learning process for any member of the Printing Technology faculty or students community.
To rectify this grievance, we have initiated the pleasant task of creating a separate website specially for Printing Technology course, where resource material for the four semesters will be available for both the faculty members and students. The entire preparation has been meticulously done in accordance with the syllabus prescribed by the DOTE. The support materials have been prepared with utmost care and proper focus and uploaded in the website for the benefit of the teachers as well as the learners. The highlight of the website is its open access facility. The color photographs, diagrams, questions and answers and procedures listed lucidly especially in the lab manual are so clear, simple, easy and impressive that any average learner can make use of the learning materials effectively. The user can download the materials as soft copy or hard copy, easily & freely. The materials are not available anywhere else since the Printing Technology Diploma course is offered only in 5 Polytechnic colleges in our state. The entire syllabus prescribed by the DOTE is found in a simpler version in the e-book format which is learner-friendly. What else is needed to bring out a brighter future for the realm of Printing Technology in this universe?
Let me wish a great future for all the persons opting for this website created exclusively for Printing Technology.
All the Best…
Dr. M.Nandakumar, M.E, Ph.D
Principal i/c & HOD / Printing Technology
Principal i/c & HOD / Printing Technology
- Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam “Best Polytechnic Teacher Award” by Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi – 2013
- Outstanding Academician Award (Saveetha Excellence Award) by Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai – 2019
- U.P. Government National Award for Outstanding work done in specified areas of Engineering and Technology by Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi - 2019
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2017, ‘Reducing VOC Emission in Offset Printing’, Journal of Press Institute of India - Research Institute for Newspaper Development (RIND)Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2016, ‘Mathematical Regression Model - Print Analysis on Matte Coated Paper’, Journal of Press Institute of India - Research Institute for Newspaper Development (RIND)
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2016, ‘Eco-friendly POME Offset Printing Ink Printability Analysis on Gloss Coated Paper’, Journal of Press Institute of India - Research Institute for Newspaper Development (RIND)
- Nandakumar. M &Bose.N 2016, ‘Offset Print Analysis with Mathematical Regression Model’, ACTA Graphica
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2015, ‘Determination of the Deviations and Variations of Print Quality from the OK Print in Offset and Digital Process for Eco-friendly Printing’, Journal of Applied Sciences Research
- Nandakumar. M 2016, ‘Prinnt Analysis on Gloss Coated Paper by Using Offset Printing Process’, Fascinating Advancement in Mechanical Engineering (FAME) at MepcoSchlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi.
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2014, ‘Eco-friendly Offset Printing Ink Using Palm Oil Ester and Its Printability Analysis’, 6th International conference on Intelligent Science and Technology, Sun College of Engineering Technology, Kanyakumari
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2013, ‘Green Printing – Environmental Management in Offset Printing’, International conference on Advancement in Print Media, Manipal University, Manipal
- Nandakumar. M & Bose. N 2013, ‘Methods of Reducing VOC Emission in Offset Printing’, National conference on Emerging Trends in Material Manufacturing and Design, MepcoSchlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- Nandakumar. M 2013,‘Methods of Reducing VOC Emission in Offset Printing’, Emerging Trends in Materials, Manufacturing and Design (ETMMD’13), MepcoSchlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi.
- Nandakumar. M 2010,‘Design and Implementation of Active Learning System for Print Media Industry in Safety Education’, National Conference on Advanced Technologies in Electrical Engineering (NCEE’10), Kamaraj College of Engineering & Technology, Virudhunagar.
- Nandakumar. M 2009,‘Safety in Printing Industry’, National Conference of Printing Engineers, Anna University, Chennai.